busterifle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by D041987 View Post
Running Stock springs with B8's:

1. Will cause the top hats to break more than likely.
2 They are shorter body overall and the stock springs when not compressed are very tall even with stock shocks and will be a pain to install!
3. Just save up money and do it once and do it right!
4. Also with B8's in the back, you will need to trim 1 bump in the rear bump stop or get the M3 bump stops for proper travel of the shock or you will be riding on the bump stop or very close to it and that is a NO NO.

I have the B8's with Red H&R fronts and Blue H&R Rear and it gives the proper level front and rear on a 328i and I have also changed out the Top hats to new ones as mine were worn at 62K and went with the M3 rear bump stops as they were cheap. Car rides very well for a daily and I track her here and there and it works well with the setup.
Actually I feel the problems like you mentioned already, we installed the B8's in the rear to try it out with the stock bump stop. When I go over bumps or dips I hear a bang sound in the rear. I'm not too sure what it is, but i'm assuming it's the bump stop hitting the shock. But that isn't a good thing is it?

If that's the case what can I do? I haven't received the front pair yet, but would it be better if I put in the fronts?

Last edited by busterifle; 07-31-2018 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0