View Single Post
      09-03-2018, 01:58 AM   #211
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32 6MT (MPPK, MPE)

Sorry to reignite this old thread but this is the most useful thread I’ve read on the differences between the #339 and #340 m sport exhausts for the F30/F32 models.

I would like to clarify a few things if anyone can help me out.

I have a manual 435i and live in London. I already have the mppk and love it (having a manual I had to go for the softer version with only 430nm of torque but it still gives the car the kick of life so was looking for to make it feel like it should have come from the factory).

However, it does need to be louder and more confident! I was considering the MPE and was very excited after all the videos and reviews I have seen until the bmw parts guy gave me the spec sheet to have a look at... it clearly states that “according to traffic regulations (StVZO), [the #340 mpe is] only permitted for vehicles with automatic transmissions”. And so the only option I have for my manual is to go with the #339. Bummer!

After all the negative things I have read and heard on the #339 mpe, I am not prepared to splash out on what will likely be a disappointment. My questions, however are these...

1. StVZO appear to be German traffic regulations. As far as I can tell these are not actually applicable in the UK (please correct me if I am wrong!). Therefore, is there anything to stop me ordering the #340 mpe and having a 3rd party or myself fit it? Will the warranty still be intact if I don’t order and fit through the dealer and will they ever care or even find out if I fitted the wrong one?

2. Will I be breaking any equivalent laws here in the UK?

3. What leverage do you think I will have with my dealer on this point? Do you reckon I will be able to persuade them to fit the #340 based on the regulations not being applicable in the UK or do you think I will have some negotiating power on price since the #339 is an inferior product and can’t be justified at the same price as the #340?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0