View Single Post
      10-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #51
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe89 View Post
I second this 100%. ACS was a great upgrade on my xDrive (with adaptive dampers). I believe it rides just as good as factory, but with improved handling. Although, I also agree the stock shocks could be improved at this point. Springs were only half of the equation. It still has the same factory float at highway speeds and I believe that's the factory shocks. With the adaptive dampers my car has though, sport mode eliminates most of my float issues. I just prefer the cushy ride on comfort as sport mode feels like all the pebbles in the road are transferred to my butt. It's nice to have the options for spirited driving versus commuter driving. One day I will get KW Street Comfort.

I owned an E92 xDrive with KW V1's, and while it was a better "complete" suspension setup, I'm not unhappy with just ACS springs. The springs were enough to get rid of the coilover itch until the factory shocks give out in a few years. I also think this car rides better than the KW V1's did, but handling with the V1's is on a different level. Right now, I prefer the comfort.
We might have to give the Dinan shocware a try in the mean time. Eventually I may go KWs with the EDC delete in the future.