View Single Post
      10-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

Bored - 340i -> E92

Back in 2016 when I was considering a new car, the 340i seemed like a great option, especially with it's great lease deals and great reviews on the B58. I was in the process of saving for a house so I didn't want to go too crazy. My 340i experience didn't start out great, I ended up getting an SA build which made it almost 4 months before I finally got my car. Once I did receive the 340i, I knew there was something missing. Don't get me wrong, it did look great, the B58 was amazing, and I loved the new 6MT but for some reason it just wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be.

Up until the day I turned in my 135i, I found it uncontrollably fun. Driving home from work was an experience each and every time, driving was something I wanted to do. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the 340i.

In the past couple of months, I've really noticed how little I like it. My MPG have gone up from less spirited driving, when going out on the weekends I tend to prefer to take my girlfriends Jeep Grand Cherokee and I'm really starting to dislike the way it looks.

I've started the process of trying to decide what car to get next and I think I've landed on an E92 M3. The 340i's biggest flaw was the noise it produced or lack there of. I had the performance exhaust but as far as I could tell it didn't make a huge difference, especially in the cabin. The f80 I had also didn't have the best sound track either. I told myself that my next car would have a V8 and have a great soundtrack. With my hesitance to go to a Mustang or any American car for that matter, to me it seems that the E92 is really my only option. The days of naturally aspirated engines is long gone for European car makers and soon for American cars. The E92 was a dream car when it first came out and by the time I could afford one, I gave the F80 a chance.

I think the time has come for me to finally pull the trigger, well sort of. I still have 7 LONG months left on my lease and can't seem to find a way out. I'm too close to lease end to swap the lease and upside down to turn it in early. I have 2 options, wait or pay $3500 to get out early. Hopefully I'm patient enough to wait but I've seen so many perfect E92.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just not happy anymore with the 340i.
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 0