View Single Post
      01-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #1
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

How to Fit Guide - Manual Lumbar Support

So today I finally got round to fitting the manual lumbar support that I bought a while ago and had been planning and researching for a while. Now that my bad back has returned it seemed the right time.

I bought a hand inflated lumbar support bag, got some plastic card so that it doesn't inflate through the springs and actually pushes in the correct direction. Then needed some form of fixing to attach the bag to the card. Managed to find something on ebay with some rubber washers. I also bought some replacement 'fir tree' pegs in case I damaged the two that hold the back of the seat on, however the ones I had on my seat had removable centre pins so we're reusable.

It was fairly straight forward, had to release the two small side springs to get it behind the seat springs. Tried it out until I found the correct place to give lumbar support. Fixed in place by cutting tabs in the plastic card so it is not permenantly fixed and could easily be removed in case of warranty claims.

Photo''s are not as good as I would like but seems to show how I did it and it seems to work well. Hope this helps anyone else thinking of doing it.
Attached Images

Last edited by sensible; 01-04-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 4
PJJD101.00
hilift72.50
Soul_Glo13347.00