Drives: F30 335i msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiswurm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
One year later...

The eccentric bushings don't hold in place, getting a correct geometry was a nightmare as alignment went off ;
Bushings were making a cracking noise (needs lubricant regularly)
*and* they were softer than stock for control arms at least.

Superpro bushings are gone, replaced with
- stock control arms
- monoball on tension struts

Much better now; so i don't advise going for these as you can guess.

Bottom line is i did not find a reliable way to increase negative camber - other than lowering the car.
Lancelot. Thanks for the info. I recently did the F80 LCA mod and some of your posts have been really helpful.

I am looking at addressing the TSs next. can you explain why you did the monoballs vs the F80 TS? also, which monoballs kit did you use?

regarding your issues with stability with the LCAs, is it possible you just got a botched alignment? your syptoms sound alot like some toe out may have gotten dialed incombined with increased camber from the LCAs which would make things pretty darty. my experience with the LCAs has been very favorable.
Hi!

F80 tension struts are actually the same length as f30, but the bushing is not as wide, so i'd say changing these is a waste of time.
The uniball i got is a millway http://www.millway.se/front-control-...w-f2x-f3x.html

I like this setup now, more reliable than superpro, crisp feeling too, although still lack negative camber :-/

You may well be right about the alignment being wrong originally with f80 Lower control arms, i also suspect the car's built in cross caster/cross camber could play a role (0.30 each, within tolerance but who knows...)

but now with the lower KW suspension with LCAs it leads to rubbing on the wheel pit (right side only) so i gave up...
Gotcha. Super helpful. Thanks!

I have found conflicting feedback on if the F80 TS was longer or not so it would or wouldn't help push the wheel back to center a bit. this makes my decision easy and I'll go with the monoballs.
Appreciate 0