View Single Post
      04-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #18
TheDailyDriven
Co-Founder BMW INVASION
Rep
Drives: 2022 Imola Red II G80 M3

First Modification

After owning the BMW M3 for over four months, I had to address the ride height. The stock height on an non-ZCP M3 is relatively in my opinion awkwardly high.

After searching Bimmerpost.com and seeing what others have had to say about this, I decided to look for a H.A.S Kit (Height Adjustment Springs). More specifically, I narrowed it down to the M-Performance H.A.S Kit and the KW H.A.S Kit. Ultimately I decided to purchase the KW Kit. I know there are far more superior suspension upgrades than a H.A.S Kit but this is my weekend car that I'll maybe track once a year. Additionally when I move onto different set of wheel, I'll be able to adjust the height. Which is why I didn't just go with springs.

I ended up documenting my first modification in this video for fun.

For the ones who aren't familiar with what a H.A.S Kit is ��

From the KW website : "Height adjustable spring kit is used for lowering of the vehicle in combination with the standard dampers. Unlike to conventional spring kits, a customized height adjustment is possible within the tested adjustment range. For this solution, vehicle-specific spring seats with adapted KW lowering springs and matching elastomers as well as dust protection systems are used. The standard damper system for example with electronic or hydraulic control, continues to remain active".

Along with the spacers, I decided to move forward with the H&R 15mm Spacers for the front and rear. I honestly love the "OEM Plus" look.

I ended up going to a shop called Euromotive Performance in Halendale Beach FL. First impressions of the shop is that its CLEAN. The staff at Euromotive Performance were extremely knowledgeable and treated me with great customer service.

Here are some photos of the final ride height. Used a Canon M50 to take some of these photos. Still learning how to use this camera so I would say its amateur shots.

Ill be sure to update soon!

YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/TheDailyDriven/featured

Last edited by TheDailyDriven; 04-10-2019 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 5