shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmdesign View Post
Morning fellows, I have finally made the jump and went from a 2011 F10 (CIC) to a gorgeous 2016 F11 with NBT (Large screen, new controller).

I have dipped my toes in the coding waters, got my self one of them Wi-Fi adaptors and got Bimmercode purchased, I've done a couple of things on it already and it seems simple enough. I 'm now looking to do a bit more.

The CIC I had before used to show me texts from my iPhone (it had the "Office" menu on it) and it was quite the handy feature. My new one doesn't.

Also, while I see the Connected Drive menu on it, I don't see Apps in it. My brother has a 2014 F10 (525D) and that one has Apps, Office, etc... Also, his Connected app on the iPhone itself has a few more features than mine, for instance he gets to see the fuel level, current miles and remaining range of his car, I don't.

I've done some extensive reading up and it seems I don't have EBT (which I did in my old CIC F10) and that's why I don't see texts. Also seems I don't have the Apps pack (??).

Are these things able to be enabled via coding with BimmerCode? Sorry, if I'm asking too much please feel free to tell me go do more reading! I just seem to have hit mi limit here... I stumbled upon this post and it seems you guy have a resident Yoda (shawnsheridan)

I can post both VIN endings here if it helps?

Thanks in advanced for any help guys!! I'm not strange to trying things on my cars / motorcycles, but I rather have some peer review before I break something hahaha
If you have NBT, you can VO Code HU_NBT for 6NS to EBT.

BMW Apps needs a 9C FSC Code and 6NR Coding. PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0