View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 10:07 PM   #1
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

MPE installed finally!

So MPE was installed yesterday, took them about 20 minutes. The sound is noticeably throatier/racier and I can hear the burbles inside the cabin easily, never heard them before on my stock exhaust. Will post a go-pro video of before and after soon.

However, the right tip is hanging 2-3mm lower than the left tip, will the exhaust hanger help in adjusting this? It's not noticeable unless you really measure it or look really closely, blame my OCD

Got the OEM tips from a forum member for $125 , they got scratched at the bottom on towing after an impact, the scratches aren't visible at all after installing them. Pretty happy with the tips and the exhaust definitely brings a smile on my face, those burbles are amazing And, it'll get better as it breaks in.

Also, I hear some whistle at times, not sure if it's the turbo or a leak near the clamps, I tightened the clamp nuts little bit but didn't want to overdo it.

Final cost $900 for MPE + $65 install at a good local indy shop (Milwaukee Motorwerks) + $125 for tips = $1090.

Exhaust sound:
Big Dodge trying to race me at 2:47

Cold Start:
Attached Images

Last edited by thatBimmerBloke; 03-08-2020 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Added video
Appreciate 0