05-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #42
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyEvo8u View Post
Didn't seem like they cared to much honestly, he put it on me to get in contact with BMWNA.
sorry this happened to you, I'm gonna go big knock on wood here , but all this company are for the money. What is one customer or 1% of there customers. Some unexpected stuff always happens. not all cars created equal. For Ex. I have a 2002 Toyota celica gts with 3 yrs /36k miles warranty, right at 39k miles the heater core blew up water/coolant spill on the interior floor it cost $2600 out of warranty. My Mom Ford 25k miles ,transmission was replace 3 times on warranty, the 3rd time we told Ford we want to return the car because my mom was stranded for 4 hrs in an unsafe area... have to rush there to keep her company. Ford didn't want the car back so we sue under lemon law...got 4 times back the value of the car. Mercedes and Audi the same.

I doubt they will do anything at all.

This is why I like to for go the early model with new engine. I like to think that they always try to sort out bugs in the beginning.

But try to work with the dealer for trade in to a new car. Friend have 2012 535d with 140k miles with catastrophic fuel system failure. I was there and I think he didn't lose much but he lost money on it but not big as $11k engine replacement.

Good luck friend.
Appreciate 0