08-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #14792
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shelly View Post
I wanted to add, for those of you who downloaded and read thru the ''cheat codes' PDF. The last page lists codes that haven't been proven yet. I tried to change mine so the brake didn't need to be pushed to start the car. Don't do it!

I changed mine and the car wouldn't start. The doors would open and the ignition would turn on, but the starter wouldn't engage to start the car. [EDIT: starter wouldn't engage with, or without the brake pedal depressed.]

I immediately plugged back in to reconnect, changed that one code back, and all was well.

If I were to try again, I would change that code, and there's another one that's nearly identical. Perhaps they both need to be modified?

It's not that important really; I just thought it would be convenient to start the car by reaching across when I'm putting a backpack in the right-front seat.
not sure what was in the cheat sheet, but did the programming on F10 before and it works - did you DOUBLE press the start button? you need to press it twice for the engine to start
Appreciate 0