Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
F3X Suspension sub-components DIY Series

Hey all!

So I will be adding work to this series as it is completed, so expect this to build over time. I also welcome additions on areas I haven't done yet, or don't do ultimately.

I have (as of right now) on my workbench quite a bit of work, in front and rear sway bars, front and rear top shock mount sways and pretty much every possible bushing upgrade from Powerflex.

Obviously there are a million choices for brand, tube size, tube solid or hollow, bushing types, components, and so on, so this isn't intended to say brand X is absolutely the best over brand 123 etc etc.. but to make good function to cost choices, to improve the handling and wear and tear items across my car. Good brands, right price and real improvements are my goals, while doing the work myself.

I will be doing these in a series:
1. Top shock tower strut bars (super easy, going first).
2. Rear sway bar replacement along with subframe bushings. FaRKle! rocks btw. Using his guide as the core of my work. Credit to him for sure!
3. Front sway bar replacement along with control arm bushings.

I am going to reserve sections for each series, and will be posting as soon as I get them done.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread

Last edited by BMW DIY Guy; 09-04-2019 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
DeeM5527.50