DadzBmer_N2o
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMMAGA View Post
B48 Reliability

I did manage to damage a B48 piston, cracked the ring landing, like the photo that was posted but less severe. Engine was rebuilt with a new set of pistons and it is fine now.

However to be fair I was stupid, stock exhaust and turbo running 24 psi on a JB4, 14.7 AFR and 15 deg of timing, it was not smart. That was before they cracked the ECU.... I was running 93 and had meth system, however I think that the meth may have cut out as I was drifting it at the time it failed due to sloshing, and then that was it.

BM3

I am now tuning my own BM3 tune, with full custom exhaust and turbo, at 22psi, with meth + e30/93 mix. 12 AFR and 12 deg of timing, and it looks really stable and good. If you want more customization go for BM3, we just had the corona virus lock down here, so empty roads, and a lot of time on my hands so I took a week to learn how to custom tune with BM3 and it is really powerful tool.

My only issue with BM3 is that the data-logging is totally buggy, I cannot get it stable, I keep need to reset it, and the constantly crashed while logging, I have had many support requests, they are very helpful and reply within 1 day, great service, but they cannot seem to solve the logging issue.

These high compression 20i engine love timing but they also love to detonate, high octane fuel like e30 or meth is key to get power out of them with safety IHMO.

I did this draggy few days ago, however the roads here have poor traction as they get covered in dust, also I only have about 3mm left on my 225mm wide PS4 rear tires, I can only hold ~0.6G acceleration, almost in FWD territory, you expect >0.7 with typical RWD car

How interpret draggy results:

FYI for 0-100, its as simple as Acceleration * Time = Speed, 100km/h = 27.8 m/s, 1 G = 9,8 m/s/s, so if you can:

Average 1 G, gives typical AWD limit of about 2.83s
Average 0.7 G, gives typical RWD limit of 4.05s
Average 0.55 G, gives typical FWD limit of 5.15s

So its really a game of how much traction you have any how much power you have. Power is what G you can sustain near end of the run where your not traction limited, in my run I am traction limited up to about 70km/h so it is not that meaningful.
Just curious, i am no way an expert on this lol, the BM3 Boost By Gear (Reduction%) yet. I was reading a thread where PTF said its a way to get better traction, especially from the set up you currently have. It will be located in the OTS tune in your "Mu Maps" go to Config settings..