03-18-2020, 09:53 AM   #76
navardi
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Built N20 BMW 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceK View Post
Dude, congrats for your build! This is one of the most awesome stuff I've seen on these forums. It may be a fool question, but do you think that these port injections could be used for wmi in other builds? I'm planning to get a kit for myself in the future so I searched a little bit about how does it works in the M4 when I came across this video:

Maybe I'm talking foolish stuff here, but I can see your 3d-printed piece being used for this purpose too.
Those injectors could be used for WMI, the M4 GTS uses these for distilled water (as regular regular water introduces rust etc into the bore) you can also run distilled water on the current WMI setups but... Why not run meth right more benefits than just cooling. So down to the Nitty gritty, my bracket won't be compatible with those Bosch WMI port injectors as they have different dimensions, but an easier approach and easier to manufacture would be to chop out the EV14 port injector bungs on the bracket and replace with 1/8th NPT fitting for meth bungs, and that also scraps the fuel rail too making it easier to manufacture. You however only need to go down this route if you're applying large quantities of meth or if the meth from charge pipe injection isn't being distributed evenly amongst each cylinder I.e cyl 4 runs leaner than the others. I don't know anyone that's really bothered pushing the engine enough on meth to warrant port meth injection and, unless E85 isn't available in your area and you have a built motor and turbo config then a port meth setup probably isn't necessary. But making the changes is easy, but I'd need demand to warrant making changes.
Appreciate 0