View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 06:03 PM   #93
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
It appears that BMW updated the stock part. My charge pipe gave out at 55k miles on a completely stock set up. What is interesting is the replacement appears to be "beefed up" on the end that connects to the throttle body. In the image you can see on the left the old design, and on the right, on my vehicle it appears to be reinforced by about an additional 1/2" of plastic lip. Not that I think it will make a big difference in the long run I found it interesting that after all this time they seem to have updated the design.
[IMG][/IMG]

Son of a bitch! That's a huge find and amazing that NO ONE has ever posted this. They've totally addressed the failure point of the charge pipe. I would have bought this revised charge pipe instead of my FTP charge pipe. The FTP CP fits awesome but all aftermarket CPs are metal and they heat soak much worse than the stock plastic CP.