capt_slow
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene89us View Post
Great schedule. I would probably split out brake fluid from table since it is time dependent vs. mileage. I have 40K and right at 2 years and some change. Unless you drive 10K per year, most likely the brake change will line up further in the schedule in terms of mileage.
Incorporated some edits to reflect above, thanks! I was about to send out a updated version, but I found out that ZF revised their fluid change recommendations as of January 2020.

https://aftermarket.zf.com/remotemed...e-ml-11-en.pdf

Quote:
5-, 6-, 8- and 9-speed as well as 4HP20 automatic transmissions:
ZF 5-, 6-, 8- and 9-speed as well as the ZF 4HP20 automatic transmissions are filled maintenance-free with specially developed semi-synthetic ATF oils. However, due to the many factors influencing the service life of transmissions in individual operation, ZF recommends an oil change after 150,000 km for its transmissions. In operating conditions with high temperatures and loads, orwith unknown vehicle use in the past, it can make sense to change the transmission oil at shorter intervals.
I think above was result of pushback from the vehicle OEMs: ZF was providing guidance that contradicts the OEM's "lifetime" fill stance. Thoughts? Should I keep it at 60k or move it somewhere else?
haagm58809.50
aain0.00