View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 12:21 AM   #12
ProjektAutoScott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocosine View Post
Man 1.9 is still really good! Have you connected with Irvine BMW before? They recently put out a clean '17 340i MSport. Might just have to give them a visit

ProjektAutoScott

I agree with all the third-party warranties, my current car has "lifetime" transmission warranty that was bundled with the dealer, but has a long fine print about all the limitations.

Wouldn't CPO coverage be worthwhile since it would potentially cover a wide range of problems that could come up? BMW Financial has low rates right now, so I am leaning towards that too.
Yeah, I've never been one to push those 3rd party warranties, and it's a rare occasion to ever see them pay out much.

It's hard to know which way to go. A CPO car is marked up even higher than the regular used inventory (already way overpriced, but they get away with it for being an official BMW dealership). To me, it's always felt like you are just paying for your future repair costs up front.

The CPO warranty itself isn't very comprehensive and has never been enough for me to have any interest in it. Here is a nice link, basically the CPO warranty covers main powertrain only (internal engine and transmission), and just about nothing else. VERY different from the original factory 4 year/50K.

https://cpo.bmwusa.com/Content/docs/...NotCovered.pdf

My main point is to say CPO isn't for everyone, and the majority of customers don't take that route. If it's something that would truly make you feel more comfortable, then that's your answer.

Last edited by ProjektAutoScott; 06-09-2020 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: link
Appreciate 1