View Single Post
      09-08-2020, 08:38 AM   #8
jdg54
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumpLord3000 View Post
Just got my car back from Drive Auto Works in Mountainside, paid $850 total. I got a trip to Maine on the 4th. So far I don't think there is any boost leak. I'm running BM3 stage 1 91 Octane(6.4), 10% reduction on all gears. I only logged going home and couldn't do any pulls but I did floor it once and pre-boost showed 13 and actual boost shows 13.

It pulls way harder with no change in tune, just full boltons.

I chose 5" HD FMIC because of little turbo lag, I actually got less turbo lag because of all boltons.

All the other shops I called/emailed never got back to me and I need my car for the trip.

I noticed a bit of overboost(higher boost than pre boost) after I let go of the gas pedal, I think that's the DV+ upgrade keeping the boost pressure.
I also noticed higher IATs from driving 20 min in under 30 MPH traffic. At the end of the trip(20 min) it was at 107 F. Heatsoak from Bar & Plate design I'm guessing. (83F outside)
I did just install AFE scoop which I hope will keep the IATs low.

As long as I don't hit 120 I'm ok with these numbers.

I am going to install NGK Step Colder after the trip and do an XPH flash & BM3 Stage 2 Flash.

Then I guess I'll dyno at Apex in Clifton if it's only $100.

I think I'll do a full write up on the forums after I dyno and I play with the spark plugs and the tunes.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5f4f...729b1fe61255d3

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5f4f...0b43254378a756
Couple things here:

Overboost is totally normal after throttle, it happens on completely stock cars.

Afe scoop generally doesn't help IATs, have yet to see a log showing so.

If you're worried about temps, your best bet is Water Wetter. It's truly incredible.

Lastly- turn that boost up. Go stage 2. Your car deserves it
Appreciate 1