09-21-2020, 08:09 AM   #1157
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.K View Post
CajunBMW yours looks like Glacier Silver too, no? Trying to discern how the chrome tips look on GS. (debating between chrome and stainless steel).

They are not too shiny or light in color, are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
Those are the tips I got. I like them a lot. They do get dirty but are easily cleaned. I clean the outside and the interior lip and they look good as new. I have wondered or thought about replacing with the carbon fiber but have not done anything yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.K View Post
CajunBMW yours looks like Glacier Silver too, no? Trying to discern how the chrome tips look on GS. (debating between chrome and stainless steel).

They are not too shiny or light in color, are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
Those are the tips I got. I like them a lot. They do get dirty but are easily cleaned. I clean the outside and the interior lip and they look good as new. I have wondered or thought about replacing with the carbon fiber but have not done anything yet.
I don't think they are to shiny, at least not for me. Yes my car is GM silver. I think they complement nicely. I have had no issues with the look. I think the silver look of the tips and shine is similar to the silver edging on my rims. I also don't think they are too light. For me, the only thing I wonder about is since my car is the shadow version with black trim on everything, would the black on the carbon fiber tips have complemented that look. The original tips on the stock muffler were black. I know I can change, but at this point I think they look nice and I have no issues. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0