View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 11:05 AM   #9
Londoner
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i msport+ MPPSK

Great idea! They are so rare out in the wild but quite a few of us here.

Pics include very dirty at a track day and the monster that is the MPPSK. Even the width of the tailpipes makes me chuckle - like an old school muscle car. Suits the boxy F3X image so well.

Mods - on a 66 plate so she's still in the extended warranty period, so am hunting out the good BMW deals. Unlike BMWUSA, there do seem to be some bargains to be had if you can be bothered to check and can wait a bit.

As well as the MPPSK I've got a genuine MP rear diffuser (to be fitted, the LCI on our B58s makes this more tricky) just can't decide whether to paint or not. Some do and some don't.

Also have the MP pedals, which I love to be honest and they really do make a difference - the brake pedal metal has tiny rubber studs which surprisingly makes it more grippy than the standard rubber offering and the foot rest plate is so sturdy.

Also looking at the LSD in the next couple of months (will post a review). Got a quote from BMW Enfield - 2.2k. I tried to haggle but the chap kindly advised me to wait for black friday in Dec and get 10% off.

Future mods in 2021 will be MP suspension - 1.1k for springs *and* dampers actually isn't bad and the more subtle/conservative 10mm drop is actually the recommended. Anyone had the kit fitted?

MP brakes - like the look of the MP discs, although may pass on the yellow calipers. Anyone got any experience with them?

And will ditch the run flats for some PS4S. As awful a ride as they are, they are soo hard wearing. 20k miles (including a track day) and at 5mm.

Also worth mentioning fuel. IIRC The MPPSK manual suggests Ron 98/99 and BMW recommend Shell so I personally feel the V power is worth it. Slightly better MPG for me and arguably a few extra BHP.

And that will be it for me! Will probably keep the car for 4-5 years as it's not leased. Although the lure of the G20 M340i might get too tempting argh...
Attached Images

Last edited by Londoner; 09-30-2020 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 2
MY340i731.50