View Single Post
      10-01-2020, 02:31 AM   #4
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I've done both M Track Days and M School (both 1 and 2 Day).

The major difference between M Track Days and M School is at track days you have to share a car (not sure now since Covid) and M School you get your own. M Track Days are more casual and fun, M School is more hardcore. M Track Days is about experiencing a high performance M car on the track. M School is about how to improve in high performance driving with a bigger emphasis on proper braking, cornering, drifting and recovery techniques. They will more closely instruct your technique and help you improve as a driver. M Track Days are more about pointing you in the right direction with some adjustments to make your experience safe. M School they will push you to the edge of control if they think you show the aptitude. You are paying more for M School and you have way more seat time and thus time to really work the exercises and try them over and over.

IMHO depends on your intentions. If you want to get into tracking your car and really acquire some skills, pony up the extra $500 for the M school. If you just want to have fun and have a taste go to M Track Days. If you REALLY want to up your high performance game skip both and go straight to the 2 Day M School.

M School got me into tracking. I've been hitting HPDE's for almost two years now and I'm in the intermediate/advanced groups, outrunning Porsche GTS's and keeping up with GT3's and track prepped Miatas. My M3 is almost exclusively a track car with light suspension and brake upgrades. Track wheels, racing bucket with half cage and racing harness are the next steps.
Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to know.
Appreciate 0