Originally Posted by jcordier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpriest7893 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcordier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpriest7893 View Post
Hello all,
My n55 335i has a oil pan leak. I was able to get valve cover gaskets replaced under warranty at around 70k miles. My car now has 90k and I was told yesterday by bmw I had the leak. They said it wasn't too bad. I was just curious if anyone else that has had this let it go for some time without it getting too bad. I have a family mechanic that can easily fix for much cheaper then bmw but if it doesn't get too bad I was just going too not worry as I will
Prob. Trade car in within 2 years.

Just looking for for commendations
Try getting liquid moly engine saver and adding it to your oil.
What benefit does this provide in regards to the oil leak?
This is from liquid moly: Regenerates rubber and plastic engine seals such as shaft seals and valve stem seals and prevents oil stains under the vehicle. Counteracts oil dilution. Reduces engine noise and oil consumption through piston rings and valve guides.

This is from Amazon reviews. Here's a couple of them.

My 1989 BMW V12 was leaking oil furiously. It left puddles everywhere, and the entire underside was coated in oil, all the way to the back bumper. Changing the oil pan gasket is a huge job involving dropping the front suspension crossmember. So I tryed Liqui Moly after a fresh oil change, and after a few hundred miles my oil leaks slowed down 90%! I would never believe some snake oil in a shiny can would actually do as promised, but I am totally convinced! I will be changing the oil again and adding Liqui Moly every oil change

This Stuff Works
I own a 1991 BMW 535i with over 320,000 miles. I drive this car to work every day. I was adding half a quart of oil a month. I have not added any oil since.

I had a 2009 BMW 335i which was leaking engine oil at a rate of about 1L per month; had to top off engine oil every once in a while. After using this, the slow leak stopped, and I haven't had a need to add engine oil since. Even after an oil change (which presumably flushed out most of this product), the leak did not come back.
Ohhh very nice! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.
You're welcome. I hope it helps. Please update us and let us know if you try that route.
Ordered off Amazon last night ! Will definitely update
Any luck with that engine saver?