View Single Post
      02-02-2021, 05:39 PM   #6337
ImpX
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzogt View Post
I've given up on updating it. 1.1.2 has widescren fix and autostart for AA. The only thing that's left to fix for my use are the initial connecting issues and after an hour the lag/freeze problem.
Andream B on ID4 F30, using Android Auto (AA)

I recently went from 1.0.4 (with widescreen fix) through 1.1.2 to 1.1.5.

The update

It did not allow to update directly from 1.0.4 ->1.1.5 . (Got burn error and contact factory. After restart it solved itself and stayed on 1.0.4)
I had to do 1.0.4 ->1.1.2 ->1.1.5

1. The 1.0.4. - 1.1.2 went smoothly.
2. The 1.1.2 - 1.1.5 (I deleted the 1.1.2 file from usb and copied 1.1.5 - it did not work. It started the updating process, immediately shown "Burn success", but did not change the version. So I formatted the usb disk and then updated to 1.1.5 successfully. It was weird, it appeared as if the box stored the information about sucessful update somewhere on flash drive.)

I used some Promo USB stick(no name, just some company logo on it) 16GB, formatted to FAT32 on Mac OS, MBR.

The changes I noticed

I used 1.1.2 for few hours, - it fixed the annoying AA connection prompt - but I still had to manually go to AA by holding the menu button.
The 1.1.5 further updated the the AA auto-connect - I just get to car and in a while it auto-connects and switches the screen from BMW infotainment to AA.
Furthermore the 1.1.5 fixes the graphic glitches which the box had while showing light colors (e.q. pixelation). It was very noticable on the 8.8 screen in my opinion. The icons and street adresses in Waze also appear to be bigger slightly. Also the multiple sound options + the google assistant voice no longer distorts. All in all I consider the 1.1.5 pretty significant for AA.

The only outstanding issue I see is the Day/Night not changing automatically (I am absolutly unable to change the Waze map from Day mode to Night even manually) - I would appreciate any suggestion how to fix that.

Also Tidal(Hifi subscription) seems to have much better sound quality then Spotify(Premium subscription) on Harman Kardon audio system through Android auto...
Appreciate 2
liam7752.50
Cruez3.00