View Single Post
      02-19-2021, 09:21 AM   #8
LRaev
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 335I

You may consider also Ferodo DS2500 as an option. In my opinion they are pretty decent for track/street mixed driving. For street driving they warm quick and the bite when cold is not bad at all, also very quiet so far. My experience on track with the pads is just one track day and they held good compared with the original M Sport pads. The dust is just a little bit more.

My first track day with the F30's M Sport stock brake pads was not a pleasant experience. During session, after warming lap they held 2 fast laps and overheated /only 2,2 kilometers track/. According to the telemetry on the 1st fast lap max lateral G reached was 1.08 stopping from 180+ km/h to 70 km/h for heft hander on street tyres and traction control fully off. The 2nd fast lap max lateral G was 0.86 on the same corner due to overheated pads. On the same track with the Ferodo's I had constant braking power and no problems doing 3 consecutive fast laps /6 sessions/. After inspecting the pads after that track day, they looked OK.

Of course, if you intend to go often to track, your best option is to have dedicated pads to swap and do cleaning and bedding procedures.

Last edited by LRaev; 02-19-2021 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0