Thread: High mileage?
View Single Post
      06-20-2021, 12:07 AM   #29
Markoff Chaney
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive GT

Just rolled 62k after buying last... looks like around September last year at 49k.
So that would be 2 oil changes so far, each at 5k miles and spark plugs at 60k which was actually not bad at all.
Ignition coil just went, I thought it was maybe transmission the way it acted when the error code flipped and it went to limp mode. I was punching it in first in manual sport plus after slowly rolling off a gravel shoulder and it was slow to react then pinged redline twice as I let off the pedal. I figured transmission slip, but it was the ECU detecting the misfire in cylinder 6 then the thing flipping to limp, it had to go through neutral?
To do so?

So that threw me for a bit just not being familiar with the way it behaves when it goes into limp mode, this was first time.

Otherwise, ownership has been an utter blast, it drives exactly like what I wanted. A highway mile shredding secret weapon that will do great in Colorado winters and on the windy canyons with the wheelbase making up for the extra clearance handling wise.
This will be the last ICE car I buy for myself, and when it is no longer my daily I am going to rally cross it, as my '89 Montero is now my electric conversion project. I rolled 300k miles on that thing in Moab last Spring as the sendoff from being my daily for 6 or so years.
Appreciate 0