Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCosta10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Appreciate all the inputs. I missed adding to the parts list the ECU box for the iDrive touch controller along with the High/Low CANs cable split.

Found a good DIY guide that goes in to some of the connections but missing a lot of the details and coding: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=997765
Hello,

Did you get it working?

Im thinking to put something like that.

Best regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCosta10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Appreciate all the inputs. I missed adding to the parts list the ECU box for the iDrive touch controller along with the High/Low CANs cable split.

Found a good DIY guide that goes in to some of the connections but missing a lot of the details and coding: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=997765
Hello,

Did you get it working?

Im thinking to put something like that.

Best regards
I'm traveling until first week of December, will be finishing up this hopefully soon after that.

I did install the (second) NBT unit with an emulator. Strangely, I only had to do minimal coding with Bimmercode my navigation and voice recognition works, everything else works, just some minor settings need the VO coding. Voice recognition seem to really suck, it's like stuck in 10 years ago technology. But I'm planning to add an MMI box with CarPlay and not planning to use the NBT for anything like voice or navigation.

I also replaced the 6.5 inch CID with a 10.25 inch monitor F15 screen. The only catch was that I had to use a different 6-pin LVDS cable because the factory CIC one had the pins backwards vs the NBT.

What I still need to do is to fix the USB cable which has to be also turned around. Then change the vehicle coding to add the options of the new NBT. I also need to add the touch controller box and replace the five-button with a seven-button iDrive controller.

If you check out my various posts during the last two months some of them address the issues I encountered.

PS: The full-size NBT unit takes away most of the space for the in-line quad connectors…you could squeeze it in behind the head unit but I recommend you to take apart the glove box side and use that space to store all the emulator and other gadgets.