View Single Post
      03-28-2022, 10:28 AM   #15
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem.plus_440gc View Post
The price isn't the problem for me. Its the fact that having to send it out and not have a car for a few days at a minimum is the problem.

I've also seen in a few places people bench unlocking and still bricking the DME when trying to flash which leads to more costs and more downtime.

I'm not complaining about it still being locked, as the car is plenty fun on stock power especially being that I've only had the car a few months. Just would be nice to know that when I do want to flash tune the car, there is a solution available without having to remove my DME, mail it off, pay money (on top of the license/tunes/cables/etc.) and wait to get it back and having no car in the meantime. And if I do want any warranty work done I'll have to go through the whole process again.

I just had most of my front suspension replaced under warranty and they absolutely updated/refreshed my software. All of the coding i had done prior to this work was undone. So even if I want to use the warranty I have, I'll have to bench unlock every time.

Just trying to keep this thread updated with any information that's available.
Warranty and tuning don't mix, so stay away from the dealer if you want to be dme tuned. BMW has clearly shifted focus post VW dieselgate and is doing everything they can to stop aftermarket dme modification. So if tuning is something you want, just stay away or become friends with your SA and make sure they do not touch the OBD port during service.

Twisted tuning is fairly local to NJ, depending on where you are at. There are plenty of independent BMW shops that support the enthusiast community and maintenance.
Appreciate 1