01-01-2023, 02:16 PM   #4
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnslance View Post
Hey all,

I am a new owner of a 2021 G80 competition. Actually taking delivery of it in a couple of days. I’m sure as you all can imagine, I’m already neck deep in starting my tuning journey which will shortly begin with sending the DME off to be unlocked etc. in the mean time I’m also figuring out what route I want to go exhaust wise. I’ve already settled on the MAD catless downpipes, and I am considering the valve Tronic mid pipe. However, I’m concerned about possible, droning in the car from the secondary cat and resonator delete. If I opt for the mid pipe, I would be keeping the stock actual back. My question is if anyone running a similar set up, can confirm whether or not there is droning in the vehicle. Any audio is a bonus. Thank you very much in advance!

Lance
I have the full Valvetronic system and no drone for me. Although subjective everyone notices frequencies differently but I have no issues. You can probably go back a couple of pages in the forum and I believe there are some videos in car. Maybe not necessarily Valvetronic but similar set ups to suffice your interest?
Appreciate 0