04-24-2023, 07:15 AM   #35
oem.plus_440gc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i XDrive GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhO3n1X View Post
Thanks for information! Can you please post the link, where did you buy adapter from?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165967803283

The seller's name is cho_tedd and he was really good to work with. It came from China, but shipping was quick (about 5 days). He made mine to order so it took about a week to make and a week to ship. Shipping was $50, so it still ended up about $75 cheaper.

I haven't installed it yet so I can't confirm it works, but I wanted to try and get this retrofit done for as cheap as possible so I found arguably the cheapest F8X cluster on sale on ebay (or anywhere I could find at the time), got it virginized through someone on ebay (getting it back in the mail today so I'll let you know if theres any issues on that end), and grabbed the adapter from ebay as well.

I'm hoping all goes smooth when it comes time to install! I'll see if I'm going to have time either today or tomorrow to knock it out. Definitely by the end of the week.

If everything works as it should, I'll try to post up some links for the ebay sellers I used and prices I paid.
Current: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe - Alpine White, Coral Red Dakota Leather, 8AT, MSport, THP, BM3; 2015 X5 35i xDrive - Mineral White Metallic, Mocha Dakota Leather; Previous: 2015 Subaru WRX - World Rally Blue, Premium, FBO+Tune
Appreciate 2