05-28-2023, 05:41 AM   #38
Arch_Stanton
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
Hello everyone,

I am having a bit of an issue with my BMW and I would need some support from the forum.

I have a 2015 435d X-Drive F33 M-Sport. I recently changed my rotors and parts (fronts) because I was experiencing vibrations under braking. After 200-300 miles, out of the blue the car started doing it again with the new components.

Some interesting points that I found:

1. This happens after I have been driving for a while at motorway speeds. Suddenly braking results in vibration. I could have been driving for 20 minutes without anything
2. This happens the first time when braking from speeds above 80mph. Then it happens at lower speeds as well.
3. I don't get vibration if I brake while turning.
4. I feel the vibrations on the steering and brake pedal.
5. The braking issue is audible as well.
6. I don't feel that braking performance is compromised.
7. This happens at any drive mode, any gear and any road surface.
8. When the car is not driven for a while (a few hours) this stops and #1 needs to happen.
9. I don't see any suspension or brake related faults through OBD.
10. When braking the whole car shakes quite bad. The vibration is quite violent.
11. I don't experience any vibration of that level during normal driving (not braking).

This is quite puzzling. I took it to a garage and he has no ideas as well. We were thinking that it could be ABS sensors or something, but I get no related faults and I would imagine it would be happening all the time. The rotors are brand new and I haven't hit any potholes, or standing water. The first time it happened after the rotor/pad change it wasn't hard braking. Could it be pistons from the callipers sticking?

Any ideas are more than welcome. I haven't been driving the car for a while and now that I have a chance to enjoy it this happens.
Hi,

First post on this forum because I'm experiencing exactly the same issue on my 435d. Your description is the best and most detailed I could find via Googling and you've been very methodical, too.

Did you ever manage to find a solution?

I'm on a 16 plate and bought the car about 3 months ago. Everything else about the car is perfect. Fingers crossed for both of us that you got it sorted
Appreciate 0