View Single Post
      06-20-2023, 08:27 PM   #42
kdog_x
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 328d

Got a few pictures while I had mine out. There is a bit of a lip on there. Not sure if it was caused from the cup used to press out the bushings or if that’s just the way it looks. It does take some serious force to press these bushings out. I would think the BMW tool needs to rest on that back ring as well.

I made an attempt at removing it with a piece of 1/2-13 threaded rod and washers, along with an appropriate sized piece of pipe and receiving cup to better imitate the BMW tool. 1/2" rod was the largest thing that fit through the bushing. I couldn't get it to budge whatsoever. Even the ball joint press requires a long breaker bar and some serious cranking.

I did clean the bore up before pressing in the new one, this was a shot immediately after removal of the old bushing. I put some lubricant on the new one this time around (PB), not sure if that was the right move, I guess time will tell. It did cause it to press in very easily. I got about 2 years- 60k out of the old one before it started creaking again, I believe I pressed that one in dry.
Attached Images

Last edited by kdog_x; 06-21-2023 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0