View Single Post
      07-23-2023, 01:57 PM   #6
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Not to the extent that advertising would have you believe. I would go with a Match Up amp for the DSP capabilities, but if you're not into doing your own system tuning then the B&O is likely the best you're going to find. The B&O speakers are probably as good as you'll find also, unless you need the deep bass that only a very few aftermarkets can deliver. If you're not into EDM and the like that probably won't matter to you either.
Interesting, I thought based on your extensive experience with the aftermarket stuff (and lots of very informative posts, may I add!) that you would be rather critical of the B&O option.

To be honest, I am an OEM guy and I just love the idea of having something in the car that nobody else would / will have - and if it sounds as good as my old Individual Audio (which I know it will, and will be better than) then I will be happy!

It has been a headache though sorting out all the research and working out how to go about powering it in the same way as BMW have done in the actual F generations models where this was an option.

In terms of bass - I do like EDM, and R&B etc which is bass heavy - but I am not looking to give myself tinnitus either!
Appreciate 0