View Single Post
      07-24-2023, 03:24 PM   #14
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir72 View Post
The main reason I went with the B&W’s was my love of there home speakers having owned a few sets in the past both 2ch and multi channel 7.1.

And also who doesn’t love those Kevlar woven cones.

I have never really been blow away with B&O sound quality and always felt t was more design led products.

I find It really gave me a noticeable upgrade in sound quality even just using to HK amp. Did half the car at time to try to give myself a clear opinion on them.

Did not go into changing the underseat subs as would need to add an amp to run them and as you know that when it starts to get expensive with most optical connections.

It’s Not as good in 2 ch as the gladen mosconi set up I had in my E90 but I really do enjoy logic 7 for Music playback and use it for everything, i also use DTS X at home for music.

Are you also changing the centre channel dash speaker?
I'm not sure what the B&O cones are made of, but they are certainly woven. I don't think its B&O that actually make some of the speakers anyway - certainly in the case of the under-seat woofers, they are made by LPG / Paragon Acoustics.

I will be changing the centre speaker yes, but not with the motorised version - as it obviously does not fit into the F3x housing. Instead I am using a separate B&O mid-range and tweeter.

No amp is/was required to run the B&O under-seats with the factory HK amp, and the difference is noticeable.
Appreciate 0