View Single Post
      09-11-2023, 06:44 PM   #39
TheMaxXHD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

Gas cars will most certainly be relevant particularly outside of wealthy nations beyond 2035.

The question is, will it be still relevant in 2035 in places like the US? It’s hard to answer.

It becomes less a factor of relevancy and more a factor of volume and money. Gas may be here to stay for decades to come in various of ways, even used gas vehicles, baring even more drastic regulations.

The market will take care of the rest where regulations don’t. If but only the most ardent gas car enthusiasts purchase new gas cars in 2035 in say the US, then it will be hard to justify for companies to spend valuable R&D and production line time producing them.

New PHEV hybrids could still be relevant in 2035 in the US, they already are fairly popular and do a good job bridging the gap between the two and it’s hard to say when the cutoff to full EV will be, but it is pretty likely the new ICE only (not PHEV) vehicle will be pretty much dead by then, if not by regulation, by market forces.

And it’s quite possible full EVs will be pretty much it by then as well, it’s hard to predict over 10 years from now. The future is bright for EVs though, and the vehicle to replace my M340i someday will likely be an EV, and I cannot wait, EVs are exciting to me, once they work the kinks out
Appreciate 2
eddj481.50