Thread: Pet Insurance?
View Single Post
      11-15-2023, 08:20 PM   #27
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

I love animals, I love the pets here on the forum; JJ 911SC's cat Tiggie, RickFLM4's dogs Winston and Ginger, The Ox Princess, all of them. I'm always gushing over them. I do that here at home too. I love my cat dearly, love the animals I see in my neighborhood and on the street. They're soft and furry, cute and cuddly, and sweet and innocent.

That said, I would not spend $10,000 on a pet. It is an animal, completely different than a human. I would spend endless amounts of money on anyone in my family to help them and keep them alive. Doesn't mean I don't love animals, I do as mentioned above. When their lives come to an end, it's over. It's happened to my pets and everyone else who has pets. It's sad, but we usually get over it.

For me it helps to get another pet right away, and always from the local animal shelter. I have a new one to get to know, to get attached to and take care of. And it gets my mind off the one I just lost because it hurts. I will have fond memories of the pet when I’m over the pain. Some people think it’s wrong to get a new pet right away because you need time to grieve, to get over the one you just lost. I don't feel that way. Like I said, it's an animal. I just try to move on. What I do works for me but to each their own.

PS - granted, I would not want to lose a pet while it’s still young and would do everything within reason to save the pet and I guess that’s where pet insurance would be good to have (to get back on topic).