View Single Post
      12-02-2023, 09:30 PM   #1613
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline

I'm looking to get back into road cycling again. I have a 2011 Trek XO2 Cyclocross bike I purchased in 2011. I had been very active back in 2011/2012. I was riding in and around Longmont, CO generally riding around 25-35 mile loops. These were generally Longmont to Boulder rides or around the trail system throughout Longmont. I had even made rides from Longmont to Fort Collins on hwy 287 (60+ mile loops). The plan back then was to get into great riding shape, ride a couple/three centuries per month and build the stamina to make a cross country ride (St. Augustine, FL to Blaine, WA). Then work got in the way and I stopped riding (played more golf instead). The cross country ride dream ended.

Fast forward to present day and I now live in northeast Florida but still have the Trek. I've got a long way to go before I can match what I had done back in 2011 but I need to start riding. I'm trading in my Trek XO2 for a Specialized Roll 3.0. I'm looking to get more active and lose some weight. Once I get under (or near) the Clydesdale mark I'll look into trading the Roll for a road bike, probably an Allez or some decent non/competition/racing road bike. I'm too old to ride with the fast young guys. While I am not planning on riding cross country in the future, I am looking to ride frequently in and around Palm Coast. There's over 110 miles of trails so I'll be able to figure out long routes. There aren't the elevation changes as Colorado had so I'll have to make up for it with distance.

I've got some reading to do in this thread to catch up. I look forward to getting back to riding and getting to know those here who ride. Cheers!
Appreciate 4
M_Six17285.00
Markr483.00
chassis6690.50
M5Rick61796.50