View Single Post
      12-03-2023, 03:36 PM   #75
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
Where the shower and bath go are the important bits, as you will have restricted height due to the roof pitch in many places. You need a free height of at least 2.2m for easy access to either of the former. I once put a corner bath in a dropped eaves bathroom. Bad mistake as you had to get in and out very carefully. Looked great in pictures, though!

With some thought and planning (and a bit of money), you should be able to make that a spectacular space.

If you can, make a corridor and get another bedroom out of it. A massive bedroom is a waste of space...great for a week but you will soon be lost in it. IMO and experience of course.
It hard to tell in the pictures but the flat roof height is pretty much 2.2 meters, and most the living space upstairs has loads of head room, I cannot praise our architect enough for coming up with the sizing/space choices.

As for the number of rooms upstairs, the architect had originally put in another bedroom and family bathroom. We made him take both out .

We are building the house for us, no one else, and we simply don’t need the extra rooms. Future owners can do what they like with the space. The steel structure is specced to accommodate floor boards so habitable rooms can be place where both atriums are, if someone wanted to really turn the house into something boring with 6/7 double bedrooms. But that’ll happen over my literal dead body .

As for ££££££, I’ve honestly given up keeping to any budget, the current figure in my head is about three times what we originally wanted to spend, and double the original build quote. It’s only £££££ at the end of the day, its pretty useless sitting in a bank account .
Appreciate 0