Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
Make sure you hang on to your hifi speakers, those hifi 4” mids are actually better than the vast majority of aftermarket’s. Amd I like the tweeters better on the hifi.

Tip: the HK center grill is different, the metal mesh and more acoustically transparent than the plastic hifi grill and makes a difference all on its own.

If you want to try playing with time alignment, checkout my last tune I posted when I had my f31. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised. At the very least you can load it, write down the T/A values, and apply them to your own eq/over tune. Should save you a few hours tuning on that part alone.
I also recommend playing the same track on mono and stereo to help dial in t/a and the minor eq and gain differences between left and right.

For anyone who reads this in the future you don’t need to swap ota coax on the center, if you really want the tweeter, they are on sale all over eBay for $20. Amd jsut plug right into the factory mid.
I added the HK tweeter to center, and wound up tuning it back out with a low pass xover because it will F your imaging.

If you are stock amp, just put the HK grill on and no tweeter.

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…

Last edited by Onizukachan; 01-25-2024 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0