02-25-2024, 03:28 AM   #23
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
If it does reset adaptations you will probably want to "drive" for a minute or two on the dyno doing through the gears at part throttle then maybe do one WOT pull before you do the 'real' WOT pull. You can log both but if the first one is an outlier consider it an adaptation period. Of course if time allows and its feasible you would want more than one pull for each test anyways to confirm repeatability
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Yes, I agree. This static map vs MultiMap is really a side issue anyway. The study is really about stock N55 EWG turbo vs Pure500 with different fuels and tunes. I’m not doing to typical dyno for the highest horsepower number. I’m trying to demonstrate where the stock N55 EWG maxes out reliably, and then what the Pure500 adds to that. Several companies like the concept and have been offering help. I’m getting the fueling nailed down so the car doesn’t hit a fueling wall before the Pure500 capacity. Fun stuff!
You mention maxing out and reliably in the same sentence. Don't think that is how it usually works 😉