04-14-2024, 03:48 AM   #3
danb1979
Idiotic lifter of heavy stones...
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 325D M Sport touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_328i_uk View Post
Hi,

Got 19in 403m wheels (225/40 front, 255/35 rear) with run flats, but they're due for a change now. Going to go with go flat mps4s's, so I'm quite excited about the comfort/noise improvement over the eagle F1 run flats.

Going to stick with the same size in the rear but read in quite a few places online that people tend to change the front tyre width/profile to 245/35.

It's now 2024 and the last thread I read on the subject is a year or two old.

Is there a general consensus on whether or not this is a good move?

If it decreases understeer, that's a positive. However, I do not want to sacrifice comfort and road noise.

I'm also slightly worried it'll produce too much forward rake on the geometry and produce too much wheel gap to the arch. I've seen the comparison photo in *this thread* many times but not sure if there's much difference?
Last thing I want is the alloy/wheel looking too small in the wheel arch.
I'm RWD, so xdrive is not a concern.

I'm also concerned if it'll affect the speedo too much - I've read conflicting info stating that speed is taken from an average of all 4 wheels via ABS.
I've also read that it is taken from a single wheel speed sensor in the rear.

Any thoughts and opinions on the subject? I'm not averse to sticking to stock sizes at all but just wanted to put it out there before I commit to purchasing.
You could go 235/40 and see how they fair; or as you said 245/35

Have you looked at the tyre calc on willtheyfit.com - that's a good tool to see how they compare; also gives you the specs and whether they're in the 2.5% +/- specs etc

It'll be much better on the non RFTs too