View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 01:57 PM   #5
exxxviii
Captain
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Garage List
One of the biggest challenges to buying a used BMW is getting the options you want. BMW makes that really difficult, because stuff you might assume would be standard on a premium car is either part of a package or an individual option. Therefore, I recommend you study the 2025 build and identify every option you want. Then confirm that your must-haves are on your target car. The 2025 is largely the same as the 2023, except for Driving Assistance Pro, that is only available on 2024 and newer. Here are my thoughts on the many options…
  • Rear-axle steering - Lots of folks swear by this, but I did not notice a huge need in my regular driving.
  • Air suspension - This I might have enjoyed if available when I ordered mine. The extra cush would have been nice.
  • iDrive 8.5 - This is an infotainment OS upgrade only available 2024 and newer. It is a significant UX improvement to the HVAC UI, and nice enhancements elsewhere.
  • Iconic Sounds - Love them. Hans Zimmer made them. Thought I would turn them off, but they are a keeper.
  • B&W Audio System - If you like high-end audio, this is a must-have. It is probably the best car audio system in any car. Period.
  • Harman Kardon Sound - The HK is very good and my minimum recommended audio system if you do not get the B&W sound system.
  • Bronze trim - Sweet little exterior cosmetic embellishment that I wish I had.
  • Head-up Display - The iX has one of the best. It is worth it.
  • Surround View - This should be standard, but it is not. It is worth confirming that it is present.
  • Upgraded Seats - I always opt for BMW's top tier of seating.
  • Radiant Heating - This is freaking amazing on cold days. I absolutely love it.
  • Ventilated Seats - This is another must-have option for me that is stand-alone, like Radiant Heating.

Last edited by exxxviii; 04-27-2024 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0