View Single Post
      05-17-2024, 10:28 AM   #1135
TurboWeasel
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

For the benefit of newbies stumbling onto this thread who are daunted by E-Sys/BimmerUtility, I can confirm Bimmercode can do it.

I don't know if Bimmercode have changed something lately, or my particular HU and Screen combo just worked, I can't say, but this specific setup worked perfectly first time:

Car - F30 330d - September 2016 build date.
HU - EntryNAV with 6.5" InnoLux screen (shows as S606 Business Nav on the VIN Sheet)
Used Screen from ebay - Alpine 8.8", BMW no. xxxx9387453, which came from a 2015 F34.

The hardest part is removing the 6.5" screen as the purple optical plug is right at the bottom and fiddly to get at, so I pulled the HU out to slacken the optic cable.

The 8.8's purple socket is in the middle and rear of the screen, so refitment is a lot easier.

But it goes in perfectly:

Whilst the vent panel was off, I took the opportunity to fit more felt as BMW's lame effort was completely inadequate. There are abrasion marks on the HVAC panel where the lack of felt caused vibration rubbing over time.

It's proper solid and creak free now.

The coding couldn't be simpler. Fire up Bimmercode, load the Headunit Module and then toggle Expert Mode on.

Go to 3000 HMI and scroll down to DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION, then simply tick 8.8_1280X480.

Go back then go to 3001 EXBOX, scroll down to DISPLAY_VARIANTE, and tick breites_display.

Finally, go back a few times and hit Code.

Bimmercode will do it's biz and then just after it restarts the HU, the screen will come to life.

It all works perfectly. No weird scaling issues and no blue tint.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 1