View Single Post
      05-18-2024, 01:47 PM   #63
esaru
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealfromNZ View Post
If your up for learning I’d use REW personally. In the last 6 months or so REW to Fisher DSPs integration has happened

So you can put the house curve into REW and do your RTAs within REW via the 3.5mm Aux input into idrive.

Then in REW you can go into the equaliser tab and it will make filters to correct RTA to target curve.

When the filters are exported from Rew you can input directly into the Match amp channel with the speaker that you’ve just RTAd.

Great feature between the two products.

As you get through a few RTAs sometimes you chase dips and peaks in the response with adding filters and these don’t always help. Some nulls can’t be worked around you will find. Dips you don’t notice so much.
Jumped right in the REW madness. Followed the CAT-BUG guide but I think I got lost along the way, see attached pic..

My process had several questionable aspects. In retrospect I think it was incorrect to set EQ manufacturer and model to Audiotech Fischer and 30 bands full EQ rather than just generic + generic.

I also had a hard time with the crossover matching. The guide I followed has you experimenting with all thinkable electrical crossover settings in order to reach the desired acoustic crossover, in my case LW 24db across the board. I think I severely botched this part of the process, it just seemed like something you do by instinct acquired through experience and general knowledge, none of which I possess.

In frustration I tried the amps TuneEQ-functionality. The end result was better than REW(?), but for some reason it packs zero punch in mid/low. Sounds okay after heavily reducing gains on the in door speakers and increasing under seat woofers, but I feel there is some fundamental flaw that needs to be resolved. Pic shows sum of under seats and front speakers.

Feeling a tiny bit overwhelmed and impatient at the moment, but I will keep on digesting available resources and hopefully I will have learned enough to have a decent sounding system by the end of this year.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0