badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Thanks... in the Sedan that circuit would be placed much better in the lower right hand corner of the door panel in that photo. The Sedan door panel doesn't have that lower right storage bulge shown in the photo.
Yeah the coupe door panel leaves almost no room to work with. I believe that is the only place the crossover could possibly fit. For a while, my door panel had this gap in it that I didn't see and that was because of the coils hitting the metal on the door. When I spotted it, I had to take the door panel off and adjust the position of the crossover. That's the great thing about good hot melt glue. With enough surface area, it holds very well. When used against plastic, you can cleanly remove it and start over again.

One other thing to be wary of when installing the speakers on the coupe. You will probably end up using the grill that the speaker comes with. If it is too far forward with respect to the car, it will hit the dash. So be very careful when closing the door after you install your speakers. Make sure there is adequate clearance between the grill and the dash. There is more than enough room for adjustment. At first, mine was just barely touching the dash. I adjusted it to where I probably have 1/4" clearance which is plenty.