Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWM3NAH View Post
I really have no idea how I haven't yet made a flickr account. Fortunately my day job is photography and I'm currently employed by the military, but I definitely need a more effective outlet for the photos I shoot in my spare time. Preferably an outlet that doesn't ruin photo quality like facebook or instagram...
I have had a "Pro" account with Flickr since 2007. I'm extremely pleased with the quality of display and ease of Sharing images.

You may still want to post to Instagram or FB. I use the Sharing links that Flickr provides. On FB, for instance, it displays my image, with Link to Flickr and displays my name. My watermark is preserved. For here, on BMW-Post, I use BBCode. For other sites, I use HTML code, provided by Flickr

I upload my full resolution file to Flickr, but limit the display size somewhat, not much. Your stuff will get stolen off any site. I use Pixey to constantly monitor and have an attorney that files infringement lawsuits on 30% contingency fee. I'm just starting to Register my Copyright, which escalates the statutory damages by a factor of ten. It's a lot of work, but I've decided to make my photography income stream serious.

It takes years to build a following, so I suggest that you start now. There are many exceptional photographers on Flickr, but there is also tons and tons of trash. Find a handful that you like, then Follow them and look at who they Follow. That'll get you to the cream of the crop. Decide if you're going to work a presence on FB or Instagram and start work that, even if modestly. When you post there, followers can click on the image and see it full-screen over on Flickr. Also consider 500-Pix and a couple of others, then stick with one and work it.