View Single Post
      04-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
mhauser
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 M-Sport

"White Spots" on Black Sapphire Metallic Paint

The mutual agreement with the dealer who I purchased my Black Sapphire Metallic F30 from (BMW of Bridgewater) was that they would respray my front bumper. Aside from the REDRILLING of the license plate holes which I specifically said I did not want, the paint looked really good and fresh. After washing and drying it for the first time though, I noticed the bumper had this white haze and dots riddled around the splitter and above where the fog lights would be.

I am extremely particular with my paint and it seems that an application of paint sealant can hide this problem until the car needs to be washed again. The haze goes away as well as some of the dots, but not all. I've owned this 2013 since the summer of 2016, and this is becoming extremely frustrating (I know, first world problems).

I have tried every possible solution.. clay bar, compound, polish, wax, sweat, etc. My car is almost always parked in a garage, never exposed to harsh conditions. If I have to travel long distance, I wrap my front (I don't know why at this point).

It seems whoever resprayed my bumper did a really shitty job on the clear coat. At this point I'm convinced the body shop applied a thin and uneven layer of clear on my bumper. I have read a couple posts where dealers covered peeling paint under CPO warranty, but has anyone every heard of this issue getting resolved by a dealer? The paint everywhere else on my car is immaculate, expect for the bumper... Would really like some input here, thanks

(Sorry for the iPhone quality pics)

Name:  IMG_6238.JPG
Views: 7808
Size:  339.2 KB
Name:  IMG_6877.JPG
Views: 3262
Size:  433.8 KB
Name:  IMG_3587.JPG
Views: 3826
Size:  164.7 KB
Appreciate 0