08-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #24
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGRP View Post
I know this is a very old thread but I hope I can find the answer here for my problem.

I am trying to connect to my car with enet cable. I followed every word in the e-sys tutorial but after days of trying still no success.

I have already tried to connect with 2 different PCs and 2 different OS to my car. I checked a lot of settings like disable bluetooth, wifi, firewall, antivirus and other unused network adapter. I also plugged straight to a router just to check the MAC address and the IP but even a Linux Mikrotik and D-link router can not see anything. I thought that maybe I got faulty cable so I ordered a new one.
This cable has arrived today so I tired it again but I got the same issue. None of the LED is blinking on the Ethernet port. ZGW Search shows blank.
I turn on the ignition than I plug the cable in, I wait up to 60 seconds for Windows to say "limited connectivity". The network icon in the tray should show a yellow ! but nothing happen. The icon shows "no cable connected" even after 10 min on both PC. The TCP/IPV4 protocol is on automatic setting.
I even checked the OBD fuse but all of them were okey. The OBD pins seems okey too.
I am out of idea. I have spent days to figure out what is the problem but no luck

I would really appreciate any input.
I have the same issue, did you ever got it to work?
Appreciate 0