View Single Post
      12-17-2011, 06:05 AM   #6
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
@Highland Pete: I should have said it like that. True.

But the EDC on the E90 M3 wasn't constantly changing every moment from one setting to another as I recall. It was like soft, normal or hard manually with one push on the button.

M3 lists the option as EDC-C, which is the continuous adaption system. The switching just sets the working parameters for each level.

Quote:
BMW's Electronic Damper Control with continuous action (EDC-C) is a fully automatic system adjusting the dampers to every situation on the road. Sensors determine road conditions and the driver's style of motoring, micro-processors evaluate the data and choose the appropriate damper setting between "soft" and "hard". In addition, the driver can manually preselect either a comfortable or a sporting control mode.
Looking at a bit more information it appears the M3 has not got the EDC-C that is often put against the spec', but EDC-K, which works to a different set of parameters.

Quote:
The driver can choose between three settings, the controlled programs "Comfort" and "Normal", or the uncontrolled fixed setting "Sport".
Now does this mean the F30 gets the option of a similar M-sport adaptive damping system, with the "uncontrolled" sport setting?

That is what we need to establish, I believe.

HighlandPete

Last edited by HighlandPete; 12-17-2011 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: More Info
Appreciate 0