Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajealmundo View Post
Before you crucify me for NOT changing my own oil, I don't care. I don't want to. I'm not really looking for "Free" from the people who do it themselves or are under warranty.

I have a 2015 428i xDrive Coupe with only about 28k miles on it. I bought it about 2k miles ago and I'm thinking it's time to do oil just to be safe. With something as sensitive as the engine oil, I feel much better letting a BMW dealer or mechanic do it for me.

After looking at a few estimates, they have ranged from $80 to $300... not joking.

I contacted a BMW dealer I used to work with a lot with my last car, Jake Sweeny BMW / BMW of Cincinnati North. In my opinion, they do really reasonable oil changes — starting at $89.99 for 20i's, $99.99 for 28i and 35i, etc.

So I'm curious, IF you have your oil done at a dealer or mechanic, how much does it cost you? This doesn't apply if you're under warranty... I know you don't care. Yet. Also, is $99 a reasonable price for a 428i oil change?

Thanks
$99 from dealer, not bad since Canadian dealer wanted to charge me $200 CAD. However I can get it done locally from an indy for $95 cash, so I would suggest you look at a local indy if you can. It's an oil change... I would imagine that any mechanic should be able to do that for you.
Appreciate 0