View Single Post
      06-03-2021, 03:04 AM   #1
SerTan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F34

Unhappy Front Drivers side knocking after engine warms up

Hi all, on my f34 at 38k miles i started getting some knocking sound coming what seems like front suspension every time i press on breaks or accelerate (when car moves forward or back). If im driving on motorway nothing, as soon as i slow down and sit in traffic for a bit it starts and gets louder and louder. I mean in 10 min it gets from slight knock to loud knock feels like car falling apart or tyre about to fall off together with breaks.

I have appointment at my local mechanic on Monday, i tried to find anything in forums and seems im not the only one, but different issues suspected.

I personally feel its something next to exhaust as it happens after driving 20-30 miles. It sounds like centre tie rod, one of the ball joins on the centre tie rod which is close to exhaust and i guess it warms up so much that it doesn't absorb any vibrations hence sound of metal to metal knock.

Any help or advice much appreciated, maybe someone had similar issue and there is aftermarket replacement of more solid part.

Thanks.